Everyone Counts is transforming the $31 billion public and private sector voting/elections industry from purpose-built, antiquated hardware and error-prone manual paper processes to a SaaS model. Every democracy in the world, and every organization that has members who vote, needs Everyone Counts solutions.
The next few years will see an unprecedented shift to our technology and a decommissioning of the old systems. Our goal in this time is to become the preeminent “Election 2.0” systems provider by taking the largest market share of the SaaS based election systems procured. We need your help to Modernize Democracy.
We are seeking a self-motivated, result driven Software Engineer for a high energy, fast paced company. Everyone Counts mission is to ensure that every voter in every democracy in the world that is legally entitled to vote can do so easily, privately, independently, and securely - from anywhere - with complete confidence that their ballot was accurately counted. This qualified individual will participate in the complete life-cycle of product features; inception, design, development, and deployment.
What you will be doing:
1. Developing and maintaining features in a micro-service-oriented system for both UI and server-side components.
2. Identifying obstacles to success, finding and communicating ways to overcome barriers.
3. Researching and solving problems independently and quickly while also supporting team efforts.
4. Moving fast under pressure on an ever evolving product line following the Agile methodology.
5. Identifying and recommending best practices on code reviews.
6. Collaborating with domain experts and QA engineers to understand and execute requirements.
7. Challenging requirements; ultimately seeking a better product and experience.
8. Nimbly balancing fast feature delivery with quality code and tests.
9. Working well with others and thriving on small teams.
What we need to see:
▪ BS in Computer Science or proven relevant experience
Specific Job Experience and Skills:
▪ Node.JS Express
▪ Capability to manage complex systems and simultaneously deliver features
▪ Ability to debug systems at any tier and operate as a true full stack engineer
▪ Fluent capability with GitHub and pull request workflow
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
▪ Familiarity with ES6 / ES7 / ES2015 syntax
▪ Redis, with MySQL familiarity
▪ Docker / Kubernetes
▪ Demonstrated ability to write appropriate unit tests
▪ Comprehension and aptitude for DevOps and deployment management
▪ Comprehension of Continuous Delivery and development pipelines
▪ Comprehension of Semantic Versioning
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer