Franklin County, Washington
Electronic ballot delivery
In a state where the main voting channel is the U.S. mail, Everyone Counts introduced eLect®, a unique voting solution allowing for secure online ballot marking with voter-verified paper return. In addition to integrating Franklin County’s 26 ballot styles, this innovative solution, built on the eLect platform, provided significant access for voters with disabilities through its compatibility with JAWS screen readers and other well-known assistive devices. The online ballot-marking solution deployed in Franklin County was the first of its kind in the country. Giving voters the ability to securely mark their HAVA-compliant ballot, this successful election provided an example of the implementation of 2010 MOVE Act legislation.
Election Solutions Deployed
- eLect® Remote Accessible Voting: Electronic ballot delivery and marking on any web-enabled device, including computers, tablets and smartphones
General population; marketed to voters with disabilities
- All communication secured using SSL/TLS protocol
- Software and procedures provided a highly auditable system
- All systems monitored in real time
- Enabled previously disenfranchised voters to vote privately and independently
- 96% of voters would use eLect Electronic Voting again
- Surveyed voters with disabilities found eLect Electronic Voting easier to use than a traditional paper ballot
- HAVA- and ADA-compliant solution for serving absentee voters with disabilities
- Provided increased access with cost savings over DREs/Automark.
- Replaced expensive and underutilized equipment priced at $10,000 per unit that had been used by only one voter in three years.
To learn more about eLect®, contact us today.